The Student Development Committee (SDC) engages with all university student activities at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and it is our mission to encourage all these students to pursue and develop a successful career in the oil & gas and energy sector.
SDC is formed by industry members, officers of the SPE Student Chapters and academic sponsors from the following five universities registered under SPE Aberdeen Section;
- University of Aberdeen www.abdn.ac.uk
- Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen www.rgu.ac.uk
- University of Dundee www.dundee.ac.uk
- Herriot Watt University, Edinburgh www.hw.ac.uk
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow www.strath.ac.uk
Our core values and activities include:
- To collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge
- To provide opportunities for students to enhance their competence
- Encourage and aid the formation of SPE Student Chapters and to further liaise with industry to provide support to the universities and their Chapter.
- SPE Aberdeen Section has long encouraged high standards of academic achievement among petroleum engineers and we annually provide bursaries to students studying petroleum engineering-related subjects.
- We also support attendance at technical events, assist students obtain internships, organise company tours and technical speakers.
Committee Chair – Elliot Kinch Biography & In the Spotlight
Committee Vice Chair – Rob Lee Biography & In the Spotlight
SPE Aberdeen Section are delighted to announce that they are now inviting applications for their student bursary awards that will be awarded early in 2021.
If you are a member of one of our five student chapter universities: Aberdeen, RGU, Dundee, Heriot Watt and Strathclyde then you are eligible to apply.
Applications closed on the 12th December 2020 and the bursaries will be awarded in early 2021
Remember to carefully read the terms concerning eligibility before applying – please also remember to submit your application as a typed document and a pdf.
Download the application by clicking here