The Student Development Committee (SDC) engages with all university student activities at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and it is our mission to encourage all these students to pursue and develop a successful career in the oil & gas and energy sector.
SDC is formed by industry members, officers of the SPE Student Chapters and academic sponsors from the following five universities registered under SPE Aberdeen Section;
- University of Aberdeen www.abdn.ac.uk
- Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen www.rgu.ac.uk
- University of Dundee www.dundee.ac.uk
- Herriot Watt University, Edinburgh www.hw.ac.uk
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow www.strath.ac.uk
Our core values and activities include:
- To collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge
- To provide opportunities for students to enhance their competence
- Encourage and aid the formation of SPE Student Chapters and to further liaise with industry to provide support to the universities and their Chapter.
- SPE Aberdeen Section has long encouraged high standards of academic achievement among petroleum engineers and we annually provide bursaries to students studying petroleum engineering-related subjects.
- We also support attendance at technical events, assist students obtain internships, organise company tours and technical speakers.
Committee Chair – Elliot Kinch Biography & In the Spotlight
Committee Vice Chair – Rob Lee Biography & In the Spotlight