SPE ABERDEEN WELL DECOMMISSIONING 2022 – THE FUTURE!
Call For Abstracts – Deadline Friday 19th November
Well Decommissioning 2022 is in its 11th year and will bring together those specialising in the areas of abandonment and decommissioning operations from major operators, service companies and regulators.
OGUK’s Decommissioning Insight Report 2020 estimates that there will be over 1,600 wells due to be decommissioned on the UKCS over the next ten years. Industry recognises the huge cost savings that could be realised if:
- Rig-less or alternative P&A methodologies could be developed and deployed, for both platform and subsea based abandonment campaigns
- Alternative thru tubing cementing operations could be adopted, particularly in support of rig-less well abandonment.
Low Emissions Abandonment will be critical in our journey to meet the 2050 Net Zero targets.
- What execution techniques, materials and technology options are available with lower carbon footprint?
- How do we measure total emissions of our P&A Operations? What should our reduction target be?
We are looking for abstracts across a range of different themes including but not limited to:
- Technology qualification and field trials
- Alternative P&A barriers materials and enabling technology
- Well barrier evaluation & verification
- Rig-less abandonment
- Technology developments to lower carbon footprint
- Case histories of decarbonisation and Net-Zero during well abandonments
- Well integrity and design verification for repurposing wells
- Well reliability and operability of abandoned wells and storage wells
- Re-use of wells or fields for CCUS, Geothermal and Hydrogen storage
- Data-mining, software tools and decision-making for well portfolios
If you have an abstract that can demonstrate cost savings, collaboration, a case history or interesting innovation, then we invite you to submit a short 200 word abstract for formal 20 minute presentations or a 200 word abstract for the five minute ‘Techbyte’ sessions, which are more sales-oriented presentations.
Call for Abstracts Will Close on 19th November – Download Abstract Flyer Here.
Submit your abstract by email to email@example.com or call 01224 646311.
SPE Aberdeen is a not-for-profit organisation and are organisers of this event. All surplus funds raised will get reinvested into various initiatives to help support our future generation of young engineers.
All sponsorship opportunities will ensure your logo is prominently positioned across all promotional materials, including the SPE Aberdeen Website, Abstracts Flyer, Conference Programme, On-screen Graphics and Abstracts Book. Your company will also be profiled on social media and within the SPE Aberdeen Monthly Emailers and will be recognised by the Conference Chair on the day. Additional beneﬁts are outlined in each package on the abstract flyer; download here.
Full payment of the event rate you have selected must be paid in advance of the event day or you will be asked for payment on registration. If payment is not received then you will not be granted entry to the conference.
We recognise that on occasions delegates will book onto events and subsequently find that they are unable to attend. In these situations we ask that delegates notify us of their need to cancel an event booking as soon as possible.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
Please send cancellation details to the event organiser by email or by telephone.
Please inform the event organiser if you wish to send a replacement delegate, including their requirements (e.g. dietary, access etc). Please supply their full contact details so that any advance paperwork can be supplied directly to the replacement.
If you notify the organisers of your cancellation up to two weeks prior to the event, we will provide a full refund.
If you notify the organisers of your cancellation less than two weeks prior to the event the full cost will be payable and only delegate substitution will be allowed.
Where you have booked a place and do not attend without notifying the organisers of your cancellation the full fee will be payable.