7 Things You Should Be Doing To Ensure Your Meetings Are Not a Waste of Time.
Dr. Bill Robb, Safety Improvers
Registration and networking from 5.45 pm, with the event starting at 6.45 pm
What a pity! In survey after survey, meetings come out top as the most time-wasting, unproductive and frustrating thing people do at work! Meetings should be energising. They should help get things done and leave participants with a sense of achievement. Effective meetings are a necessary part of a successful project and organisation.
In this masterclass / presentation Dr. Robb will enlighten us on what hinders progress in meetings and more importantly, offer suggestions (gained over 22 years of working with management teams) for making your meetings a valuable and enjoyable business tool. Dr Robb will show you how to:
- Be certain that a meeting is really required
- Know when a meeting is not necessary
- Compile an agenda that focuses attention on the issues to be resolved
- Involve others in compiling the agenda so they feel involved and motivated
- Deal with difficult people in meetings using simple assertiveness tricks
- Ensure meetings arrive at clear, actionable decisions
Dr Bill has been assisting colleagues in the oil and gas industry enhance their non-technical skills for 22 years. Bill takes a very straightforward approach with minimal theory, getting to the heart of what hinders more effective performance.